Double girder overhead bridge crane can be constructed with either structural steel beams (W flange beams) or welded steel plates, commonly known as box girders. Most bridge cranes up to 60 - 65’ span are constructed of structural steel.
The type of bridge girder is determined by considering both the span and capacity of the application. Box girder cranes have a very light weight to span ratio and in many cases can reduce the size of the runway and building structure required to support them as well as reduce the cost of the crane itself. The KIWICRANE engineering team can determine which design is right for your application.
• The bridge girder of crane girder is designed to the EUROPE specifications and can be engineered to meet other local codes and regulations.
• Both rolled structural shapes and welded plate box girder designs are used depending on design requirements.
• Box girders are fabricated from 44W steel.
• The crane end carriages are manufactured from structural sections and are jig assembled to ensure alignment of bearings and axles.
• Dual motor bridge drives are optional. Other drive types are available upon request.
• Bridge to End Carriages connections are bolted.
• Bridge wheels are flanged with anti-friction bearings.
• Rubber bumpers are standard on all end trucks.
• The hoisting machinery consists of heavy duty industrial type standard wire rope hoist unit mounted on a low headroom type trolley.
• Motors are totally enclosed fan cooled, hoist duty with Class “F” insulation.
• Gears are precision machined from alloy steel and induction hardened. All gearing is enclosed in a rugged steel housing and is oil splash lubricated.
• Steel wire rope drums are precision machined.
• Rope drums are available in both single & double grooved configurations.
• Hoists are equipped with rope guides to prevent over lapping of the rope on the drum and to extend rope life.
• Upper and lower hoisting limit switches are standard equipment.
• The trolley is fabricated from structural shapes and plates to suit the application.
• All motors are specifically designed for hoist and crane duty.
• All motors are totally enclosed fan cooled with Class “F” insulation.
• All trolley and bridge drive motors have disc brakes as standard equipment.
• All hoists have two braking systems, one control brake and one holding brake.
• Each crane is supplied with a pendant control as standard equipment, radio control are optional.
• Other types of controls such as cabin control, infrared, or pendant control station sliding on independant track are available.
• We supply inverter controls for the trolley and bridge motions.
• The electrical components are housed in electrical cabinets to suit the applicable environment.
• Bridge electrification is provided via C-track and flat cable festoon system suspended as standard equipment.
• The hoist is finished in enamel paint.
• The crane steel structure is finished with anti-corrosion paint.
The following features can be supplied:
• Overload Switch
• Power Circuit Limit Switch
• Rotation Warning Beacon
• Anti-Collision Equipment
• Runway Electrification
• Travel Limits for Bridge & Trolley
• Weighing Equipment
• Variable Speed Hoist Control
• 2 Speed Bridge & Trolley Motions
• Bridge Lights
• Warning Horn or Bell Other options are available on request.
For more information on our complete line of overhead bridge cranes and hoists please
Call/whatsapp:+8613865918886,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out quote forms.
KIWICRANE professionals are always standing by ready to serve you.