Single girder overhead bridge crane can be constructed with either structural steel beams (W flange beams) or welded steel plates, commonly known as box girders. Most bridge cranes up to 60 - 65’ span are constructed of structural steel.
The type of bridge girder is determined by considering both the span and capacity of the application. Box girder cranes have a very light weight to span ratio and in many cases can reduce the size of the runway and building structure required to support them as well as reduce the cost of the crane itself. The KIWICRANE engineering team can determine which design is right for your application.
· Best utilized where reliability and long term maintenance savings are important
· Generally move at higher speeds than underhung cranes
· Excellent headroom
· Available in 1 to 20 ton capacities with spans that can exceed 85 ft.
· Powered overhead bridge crane can be shipped preassembled and receive an operation check prior to leaving the shop.
· Radio remote controls and pendants traveling along an independent track are available to keep operators a safe distance from the working load.
· Many sizes and capacities are pre-engineered for quicker delivery dates.
Design Details of single girder Overhead Bridge Crane
The wheels on top running bridge crane operate on either ASCE crane rail, square, or rectangular rail. They tend to have a longer wheel and bearing life expectancy than underhung cranes of the same type and capacity.
A top running overhead crane offer excellent headroom advantages over other styles of cranes due to the extra lift height that is gained by having the crane girder on top of the endtrucks rather than suspended from the bottom of the trucks as in underhung applications.
A top running single girder crane that require spans to exceed 60 to 85 ft. are likely to be a box girder constructed crane. Box girder cranes have a very light weight to span ratio and in many cases can reduce the size of the runway and building structure required to support them. These cranes are often referred to as mono box bridge cranes.
Single girder motorized bridge crane utilizes underhung hoists such as electric chain, wire rope, and air. All motorized bridge cranes include electric festoon systems unless otherwise specified.
For more information on our complete line of overhead bridge cranes and hoists please
Call/whatsapp:+8613865918886,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out quote forms.
KIWICRANE professionals are always standing by ready to serve you.